Monday, October 05, 2009

Redirection of Mail

I thought it was standard practice to contact the post office (you can even do it on the internet without leaving the house) and have your mail redirected.

Our condo’s previous owner and her roommates do not see it that way. We are getting credit card bills, bank statements, pay stubs, insurance forms, storage locker invoices, etc. for at least four different people.

We only have a contact number for the mother. It was one of these deals where they purchased a condo for the daughter while she went to community college and she rented the other rooms out, then they sold when she graduated. I called the mother today and she wanted me to readdress all the mail and send it along.

Don’t know about you, but that does not come with home ownership.  I write “MOVED” across the envelope and shove it back into the mail slot for the mailman to find later. She got a little testy when I would not do this for her. Then she yelled at her daughter about not changing her address while I was still on the phone with her. I think there is more going on here than I want to be aware of.

So, remember, when you move, have your mail redirected!

No comments: